ZIMSEC A-Level Biology Syllabus PDF free download. This is the complete syllabus all teachers will need. And for ZIMSEC O-Level students, knowing the syllabus will help your prepare even better for the forthcoming examination.
The Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) is an autonomous parastatal under the Ministry of Education, Sports and Culture of the Republic of Zimbabwe, responsible for the administration of public examinations in Zimbabwean schools.
Its syllabuses were evaluated by the National Academic Recognition Centre (NARIC) in the United Kingdom and found to be equivalent to the General Certificate Of Education Standard offered in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, United States of America, and the other English-speaking countries, hence the internationally recognized qualifications conferred by the Council.
The following qualifications are offered by ZIMSEC:
- for primary education
- ZIMSEC Grade Seven Certificate, awarded after sitting for Grade Seven (Year Seven) examinations.
- for secondary education
- ZIMSEC General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (commonly referred to as “O-Levels”), this is for individuals doing the 2 year GCE O-Levels subject-based course beginning in Form 3 to Form 4 (i.e. Year 10 and 11)
- ZIMSEC General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (commonly referred to as “A-Levels”), is the school-leaving qualification conferred by the Council to pupils completing secondary or pre-university education.
ZIMSEC A-Level Biology Syllabus PDF
The Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education would like to acknowledge contributions made by the following towards the development and production of this syllabus:
- The National Biology Syllabus Panel
- Zimbabwe School Examinations Council(ZIMSEC)
- Government Departments
- Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development
- United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
- Representatives from Higher and Tertiary institutions